As promised, in this post I'll write things already coded in Iberia, and also things I will code in the future. This is for your knowledge, but also for suggestions, new ideas, fixes, etc.
NOTE: the features I'll write will be only the unusual ones comparing to other muds.
- I am writing helpfiles for the mud at the speed I am coding things. You can log in and type \"help\" to check it (the files with a minus before are not coded yet but already with a reference).
- Playlist - there's a helpfile in the mud with a thematic playlist suggestion to hear while you are logged to Iberia.
- There's already implemented OOC comm line and a news system in the mud. It doesn't warn you yet when there are new news, but will in the near future.
- Time - my idea is this: in the year of 148BC, XX day and XX month, Iberia had XX tribes, their tribes were in war against XX enemies, etc, etc. In resume, Iberia has a past and has a present at that date, and that date will be the start point of this mud. Players must act thematically, but the future of Iberia MUD is shaped 100% by the players (in real life, the Lusitan war lasted 9 years, but in the mud can be totally different).
More about the time (that can be changed at any time): each day lasts 2 hours RL time, each room dinamic phrase is written each 2 minutes (perhaps should be increased) and the weather will change each 9 minutes.
- Concerning weather, each terrain is classificated from 1 to 4, where 1 means bad weather and 4 good weather (a room with 1 may have good weather though, but it wont happen frequently). This will prevent world with the same weather (like in other muds, where in one room or 20000 rooms away the weather is the same), and also permit have regions with different weathers, as in real.
- Surname can be only edited one time - a surname is the name of your family. You should choose carefully, and will make heritage something to worry about.
- Also concerning equipment, the body is divided in arms, feet, head, torso, back, waist, legs, hands, rings and necklaces. Each of these parts have 3 layers - the first represents imediately next to your skin, the second one the intermediate layer, and the third one the outer layer. This permits you to wear a t-shirt (1st layer) and a ringmail (2nd layer), for instance (in other muds, if you use a ringmail, you couldn't use anything more on your torso - here, each piece of equipment is assigned to a part of the body and to a layer). In this last example, you could also use a cape or a tabard in your torso as well (would fit in the 3rd layer of the torso).
- I have considered everything as a skill - languages, farming, smithing, everything is a skill.
- Admin are players as well (if well thought, this can happen without any kind of problem).
- The skill AWARENESS will represent your knowledge of the world that surrounds you. In this way, every NPC, item or room will have 2 different short descriptions, the generalistic one and the exact one, and will have also a variable that tell the minimum awareness needed to see the exact description.
Example (using already our first room): if you have less than 30 awareness you will see this short description: \"Entrance of a small village\"; if you have more than 30 awareness, the short description will be \"Entrance of Lorica\". My doubt is how awareness will increase... You could pay (study... not necessary spending money) to raise that skill, but I also thought about increasing it when aging.
Viriato (João Afonso)
Iberia MUD administrator