- NOW: not implemented
- FUTURE (to be thought/suggested by builders/everyone): terrains should have information about the soil, for a farmer plant crops, take care of them and get them to sell, lets say. Examples of information per terrain: crops that can be plant there, much/not much productive, crop planted, state of the crop (if it is time to get it from the ground or if needs to stay there more time)
- NOW: standarized rooms for general terrain (like plains, low mountain terrain, medium mountain terrain, high mountain terrain, dense forest, light forest, river, etc, etc), each room representing an area of 1x1, 2x2 or 5x5 real quilometers (the room terrain info can be got from detailed maps I have). The world can be fastly created after have defined the descriptions of the standard terrain types, and we will have a world with almost 100% fidelity to the truth (the river flows in its exact position, the cities are located in their exact position). After locating those standard terrains, we can then create specific terrain, like cities, buildings, etc.
- FUTURE (to be thought/suggested by builders/everyone): each room have a singular description. Problems with this: the world size will increase at a very slow rate; the intention would be have a rich world with rich descriptions... which can work the opposite way, because there aren't many and detailed descriptions of environment of that time.
- NOW: not implemented
- FUTURE (to be thought/suggested by builders/everyone): there will be limited resources and coins, except (or not) natural resources like wood, plants, etc. I cannot at this time detail more what I am thinking, but basically I expect a true economy system... Most mechanisms characters wont figure out, but with limited resources, some chars need to \"work\" for other chars, I mean, craft items and sell them to others, lets say. For ones be rich, other must be poor for sure (isnt this how life still is?), unless they work hard to live... Needs to be shaped.
OTHER \"SMALL\" ASPECTS:
- When someone logs off, should he lost all equipment?
- Skills are from 0 to 100; Awareness skill raises 1 per day of gameplay (example), and is basically used to get the exact name of things or a rough observation (as example, the first room created for testing, when glance you can have \"entrance of a small village\" for low awareness or \"entrance of lorica\" for high awareness)
- a command that, when used in a room, says what irl nowadays that region is (example: \"entrance to olisipus\" would be Iberia mud description, and when run this special command would say \"Lisbon city - 2007\")
- How much rl time should last a day in Iberia? - actually is around 2 hours
LIST OF SKILLS FROM OTHER MUDS, THAT WE CAN USE/ADAPT CONSIDERING IBERIA LIFESTILE
Forest, Plains, Hills, Brush, Marsh, etc...
Horse, Donkey, Mule, Warg, Oliphant, Saddled, Bareback, Train
Various food types(pastry, stews, meat)
Flowers, Poisons, Medcinal, Magical, Eatable
Longswords, Broadswords, Bastard Swords, Cutless, Sabre, Scimitar, Shortsword, Dagger, Rapier, Great Sword
Maces, Hammers, Clubs, Spiked, Morning Stars
Long, Short, Pike
Brawl, Martial Arts, Kick, Box, Bash
Melee Ambush, Ranged Ambush, Backstab
Sword, Axehead, Spearhead, Pole, Arrowhead, Mace, Hammer, Armor Plates, Mail
Leather, Ringmail, Chainmail, Scalemail, Metal, Padded Metal, Sheilds, Helmet
Arrow Making, Bow Crafting
Last edited by Viriato
on Mon May 28, 2007 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Viriato (João Afonso)
Iberia MUD administrator